I need to make some money like super fast.

We just bought a house and will close on November 20th. I have almost $2,000 saved up to put into it once we close but we need more. We need money for a roof, windows, paint, flooring. . . .all kinds of stuff. I am not asking to be handed money. I just need some unique ideas on how my husband and I can get some money super fast.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• google metal recycling in your area.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• get a loan
    Anonymous

• If you and your husband can sell plasma that could bring you in an extra $450 a month.
    Sell things you don't need
    Get on a written budget to cut your expenses.

Are you sure it's a good idea to buy a house and then not have the money that you need to fix it up?
    Anonymous

• We have the money to barely get by to be able to move into the house. The more money we have the more we can put into it right off the bat. And yes it is a good idea to buy the house b/c instead of pay $500 a month renting a two bedroom apartment we will be paying $350 a month to live in a 3 bedroom house so yes, it is a good idea.
    Anonymous

• I know it's hard to be patient, but unless the house in inhabitable only worry about the necessities. Live with ugly wallpaper or floors for months or a year and work on things slowly, there is no rush to do it all right away. A roof can be done for about what you have IF you are willing to do the work yourselves. We just recruited DH's brothers and did our roof for about $1800, including materials and dumpster.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• It sound like you can't afford this house. What will you do if your hot water heater breaks? Houses are black holes for money; you should have at least $10,000 set aside for emergencies and maintenance.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Thx for all the criticism. I know damn well what I am getting myself into. We have to buy a brand new hot water heater before we even move in b/c there isn't one. I was simply asking of any clever simple ways to make money.
    Anonymous

• When I bought my first house I was a 27 year old single mom. People thought there was no way I could get a house being a single woman/mother, then when I got it, people thought I would never be able to take care of the upkeep/expenses. I didn't have $10,000 in the bank for things that might come up. I had just enough to get by and if things were tight I got a second/third job. I agree that homes are a huge responsibility but you can make it work if you are determined. So, first, Congratulations on your new home!! Second, do what HAS to be done first to live in it, then do the rest in small projects and try to do as much as you can yourselves. Home Depot has (free) classes to show you how to do it yourself. As for making extra money...I used to clean houses for extra cash. Also, garage sale. Enjoy your new home & prove that you can do it. By the way I'm in my 5th home and made money on every one sold. I sold them myself too!
    Anonymous

• Have a garage sale, sell on Craigslist, or eBay.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2009