Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice on how to get rid of a teen boy who won't take no for an answer

My little sister is 17 and so is this guy. They met a few months ago through friends and he asked her on a date. She said yes and they went on one date. Things didn't click for her so when he asked her out again she explained they would be better off as friends. Now she has a boyfriend she has been with for 3 months. The other guy is still pursuing her despite her turning him down over and over. He will go to my parents house and just sit there and talk with my mom for an hour waiting for my sister to come home. Or will ask questions to different family members trying to "trick" someone into telling him where she is or when she is coming home. He knows she has a boyfriend. If my sis tells him she is going on a date with her boyfriend, he will press questions on my mom or other sister trying to catch them in a lie.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

Answers (17)
  • He even got my mom's cell phone number from someone (we don't know who) and has been calling and texting her to ask about my sister. My sister has told him straight forward she does not like him. My mom and my dad have both told him to back off because she doesn't like him. He STILL does not get the point.

    I feel a little bad for him because I know what it is like to have a big crush on someone and my sister is gorgeous. At the same time, why should that be her problem. We don't think he dangerous, we just believe he has a crush and is persistant (if at first you don't succeed try and try again). I understand that something like this has the potential to get bad. I was in a similar situation around her age and that guy did turn violent.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • My sister is very sweet and has never been mean to anyone so I know she won't be able to be a total bitch to him. Do you have any advice on how to get the point through this guy's thick skull that she wants nothing to do with him. BTW my parents did talk to his parents about this.... didn't help.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • I have no clue, but could they perhaps get him for trespassing if he is waiting for her to come home? If they answer the door and he refuses to leave I would think they would be able to call the cops. That should scare him away, hopefully. Just cause they call doesn't mean they would have to press charges.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • have your parents and sister tell him the next time he comes by/ calls or anything the police will be called, and a restraining order will be placed. Don't mess around you have to be firm. Have her dad get a shot gun :) j/k about that part but for sure don't let him around anymore.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • Well stop letting him in the house first of all.

    Call his parents and tell them he is making a nuisance of himself.


    Answer by Gealach at 4:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • OP
    I appreciate your answers, but it is yet to turn volatile. He is nice and somewhat respectful.
    Also another BIG issue that would come with calling the police is that he lives about two houses away and his family is in the same church as my parents. It isn't like they can make it so they never see each other again. They go to Sunday School together and Youth nights together every week and share a lot of the same friends. It would be very difficult if they were to make enemies with him and his family.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • OP

    They are also in the same high school and have a class together.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • Have a male family member tell him to leave her alone. Call his parents and tell them to speak to him. If that does not work, I would call the police, Yes, the police. This kid sound like a stalker.

    Better safe than sorry. Good luck.

    Answer by AdrianaS at 6:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • Why don't YOUR parents ask HIS parents to ensure he stops making a nuisance of himself. That would be the kind way to go about it.

    Answer by SterlingLegend at 6:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • the only way to fix that the whole family should ignore this person. also maybe talk to the obsessive kids parents. it should @ least be brought to their attention. maybe they would want to help. but first your'' family'" needs to stop being involved with this person in every way.

    Answer by speck323 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.