My husbands ex girlfriend has been harrassing me, but I can't get a PFA against her

My husband left me a 1 1/2 ago for a younger woman after being married for 18 yrs and 4 kids. He's been in and out of the kids life as she doesn't let him see the kids because she is jealous of his communicating with me. He recently left her and she tried to throw herself down a flight of stairs and said he physically abused her. I went to court with him bc he's a jerk but not an abuser. She dropped the charges. We agreed that he would get an order of protection against her because she owns two guns which he has yet to do. She was constantly calling me from an unknown number and has driven around my neighborhood. Now I can't do anything to protect myself if she gets a jealous fit because i do not fit the "relationship criteria" for filing. There has to be something the law can do to protect me and my kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Hey... I saw this question the other day. Your laws suck if you can't get a PFA against her.
    Anonymous

• Are you back together with him? If so, I would think his order would apply to his family as well. If not, then I agree with anon that the laws in your area suck if you can't get an order against someone who is harrassing you and making you afraid for you and your kids.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• No we are not together that is why he needs to get the PFA. She dropped her's against him so he's dragging his feet on getting his because he's afraid she counter file again. That's why I'm so upset. She gets into her jealous fits and harrasses me who has nothing to do with their relationship.
    Anonymous

• And yes the laws do suck in my state. She would have to actual assault me before I can do anything. Im not afraid of her but rather her guns.
    Anonymous