What AMOUNT of $$ would work for you to live pretty comfortably?

1. put your state if you like (or you can just state if it's a small area or larger, more expensive area). 2. How many kids/people in your family 3. income you live off after taxes 4. what income (whether it's less or more than you make now) would it take for you to live comfortably.

Living comfortably means; a mini vacation a year, or a big vacation every few years, eating out a few times per month, able to afford cable and gym membership, and maybe preschool for your kids (or extra cirricular activities), never using credit cards or borrowed money, paying all bills on time or early all the time, and not having to pinch for money or even cut coupons. But it doesn't mean that you are rich and can do whatever you want on a yacht. LOL. Comfortably.

Post anonymously if you like if it's too personal of info...It's just for fun is all...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 1. I live in a high-cost state. 2. 4 people in my family 3. >50k per year 4. 65k per year to live on would be ideal. It would help out a lot more than it does now. I don't ask for much, just to live comfortably, a cute house, tidy, and some vacations from time to time. We drive older cars and that's okay, but we do need to afford a newer car every 12 years or so. My car is starting to get old and I either just keep fixing it up or I need a newer car, but our income doesn't allow it. I'd rather have a house. Rent is high, mortgage is high here, daycare is high at 800-900$ per month.
    Anonymous

• My sister has a family of 5. Lives in a mid-to-high cost area. They pay probably 850$ month rent for a 3 bedroom little shack of a house, but it's cute and works, just stuffed to the brim at under 950 sq ft. But at least they have a yard. They live off I think 35k per year. Eeek. That's low for family of 5, and trust me she calls me and I hear it. They do get help though from agencies, WIC and things. They do have lower bills than we have. So it is possible, but they never have any leftovers. I think they would do well on 55k per year for a family of 5. Then they could do things once in awhile.
    Anonymous

• My mom/stepdad live probably off 15k per year. Yikes. They have lowered/to no rent. Food stamps. And maybe 15k per year from odd jobs and $ from government. They are poor. They fix up or get free cars all the time to drive around that are pretty nice. I couldn't live like that. They always need stuff, furniture, new beds, new bedding, new pots/pans, towels, dishes and I always have to provide these for xmas and their bdays b/c I feel sorry for them. I luv them, so I wish them the best...and I think they would do well off 25k per year, a lot better at least.
    Anonymous

• We live quite comfortably on about $3200 a month take home (that's with health insurance, retirement and donations already taken out and taxes). Our bills/general living expenses are about $1600 a month and we put $1000 a month in to savings because we don't have a mortgage payment (house is paid for in full). Before taxes, insurance, retirement and donations my husband's salary is $56,000 a year.
    Anonymous

• 1. Texas / mid-sized city 2. family of 5 3. Hubby & I both work and net around $100K 4. We are ok now, but do occasionally feel pinched when lots of unexpected expenses fall in the same month, but we do have some savings for times like that. I think if we made $125K per year we wouldn't be pinched and would be able to save more.

Anonymous

• Hard to say. We save and have money in the college funds... but we have grown acustome to the level of income we are currently at. We are in a very good part of So. Cal. .... we could live comfortably but would have to move if we went down in income.

1) so.cal. 2) family of 5 3) 300,000 4) we could do 100,000... but we would have to move very far from where we are and we would loose the GREAT commute, and the AMAZING schools.
    Anonymous

• Indiana. We can do just fine on $30k, and have gone for very long stretches on much much less.
    Anonymous

• We are a family of 3. My husband and I bring home about $65,000 a year after taxes. We live in California. Everything is expensive. I would say $100.000 or $120,000 to live a little more comfortably. It probably sounds like alot but it really isn't.
    Anonymous

• We live comfortably in mid MO. Hubby brings in about 8000-10,000/month. Bills are paid on time, no credit cards, don't borrow money. Have a mortgage, 750.00/month, that includes taxes and ins. We pay out of pocket for health ins for a family 0f 5 @ 450.00/month. We have 2 cars paid for, 2 jet ski's, paid for, and a rock crawling jeep for fun, paid for. We take a few mini trips yr round, going wheeling in our jeep. We have 3 boys and 3 dogs, and have a great life! So no need to want, we have it and are very thankful for it!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

Wow, I couldn't imagine living on $30,000.
    Anonymous