mirena!!... problems ???..iuds??

ok i have had this mirena in or a yar now at 9 months i started getting bad migrans.. i puke and can barly do anything.. i spot and bleed whenever it wants too.. i wasnt even supossed to be having one.. i havnt been able to lose weight.. i exercise and deit and nothing.. im a big women i never use to be but i weigh like 80 pound more then i usually did.. i was wondering if people have the same problem.. i want to get it removed.. but im affraid ill get pregnant.. see my first daughter is a birth control pill baby and my son is a condom baby.. i just dont know what to do..!!

mrm1787

Asked by mrm1787 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Health

• I myself just posted a question just exactly like yours an hour ago. I too have had horrible migrains while being on the mirena. Ive always had migrains but not like these. When I get one Im puking, cant think straight for anything, I cant even tell you my first name! Seriously! My whole body goes numb and before I know it Im visiting the ER. I also have always been a curvy woman but not like this. Ive gained about 20 or so pounds since being on the mirena and Ive never in my life been this weight and I just cant lose the extra weight either. I also just spot here and there whenever it wants to appear which is rather annoying. So yes every symptom you described Im exp too and many more. Also since being on the mirena my hair falls out in little clumps, more then the usual. Im having mine removed next week thank god so I can finally be my old self again. I cant wait. You should ck into the Copper IUD.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 5:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• yea thats what i was thinking i have three kids and i ont want another one right now.. tell me how it goes please.. i really need to save to go see th doctor.. the whole problem with the copper ones is that they ripe ur uturus lining easyer and ive had a c section already... so that scares me..
    mrm1787

Answer by mrm1787 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I will diff. keep you updated. And I didnt know that about the Copper IUD, if thats the case then I diff. am not getting it. I too have had a C-Section. I too am not ready for another baby quite yet but I hate all the side effects and how BC in any shape or form makes me feel. I guess Im at a lost too on what to do.... Maybe my doc will figure something good out for me. Hopefully!
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 10:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• yea good luck.. ill keep you updated on what happens when i get it taken out.. if i do.. i dunnoo.. im soo confused on what to do..
    mrm1787

Answer by mrm1787 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 12, 2009