Does craving butter mean i'm defiecint in something?

I eat well and am on pre-natal vitamins. I'm also 6 weeks pregnant.

kozatad

Asked by kozatad at 6:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Are you craving actually butter or margerine? If you're craving actual butter, it may be that you need a little extra fat in your diet. Eating well is one thing, but you need to be balanced. Your baby will need a little bit of extra fat, ya know?
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 6:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I fell in love with bread with butter on it when I was pregnant, and I still am. Bad habit, but I love it! Don't know if it means anything, though, I just summed it up to being pregnant and having cravings :)
    BabyLyons

Answer by BabyLyons at 6:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I'm not preggo and when I really crave something which is rare, I ask myself what nitrient i'm lacking that would make me care that thing. I'm with the above lady, maybe all you want is some extra fat, or dairy. Pregnancy is a good time to listen to what your body wants. We like to say....."the baby wants icecream, or cake...." But I still think you need extra when preggo so the baby gets the nutrition it needs to grow healthy.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• well i'm 6 months and i eat a toast with butter and sugar everyday with a cup of milk...idk if my body needed it o wat i jus eat what i crave i consider myself pretty healthy...so i think u should just eat watever u crave(except dirt etc..) but being preggo is the tim e when u can gain weight and not be judged...
    LuLu614

Answer by LuLu614 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• How is your weight gain this pregnancy? I ask because I was craving butter and *whole* milk (I typically drink skim) and when I went to the doctor I found that I was still needing to put on some more weight (I had lost 15 lbs my first trimester). After putting on 10 pounds in a month my cravings stopped so I'm sure it was about the fat content. Then on the other hand, if your weight gain is good you could just be having a normal random prego craving!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• It's actual butter. Regarding weight, I'm on the border of being underweight. I've put on 2lbs in the past two months.
    kozatad

Answer by kozatad at 7:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2008