I want to get my tubes tied after this child any advice of it?

I don't know much about what they do to you when you get your tubes tied and I just wanted to find out what all they do to you. And will it hurt after I get it done?

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They cut the fallopian tubes and tie them together, I had it done, it didn't hurt, a little discomfort, I guess on how tolerant you are to pain. But if you are young, which I think you are, it is an extremely drastic decision not very easy to reverse. Life has a funny way of going full circle sometimes, and this procedure might come back to bite you! If I were you I would wait until later on in your life. I did it when I was 40 which is when I had my last kid, so think about it throughly before deciding.

Answer by older at 5:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i don't know much about it either but i recently read about a new method of permanent birth control called essure so you might want to look it up. i think, but i'm not sure, that it does not require major surgery, like tubal ligation does. gl!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• oh and essure is not at all reversible.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2009