15 month old sick???

My son is 15 months on the 15th of this month, today he was acting fine and did our normal thing. around noonish he started getting cranky and so we went with a friend to a place for lunch, he hadnt eaten anything since snack and had his normal everyday morning snack...then we get to the restaurant and he is really sleepy eventho he had already taken a pretty long morning nap.. He even felt kind of warm but thought it was because he had a jacket on so i took it off..mins later he throws up all over me(im holding him) and himself...lots and lots of throw up...so I take him out to the car to clean up and rush home...take his temp and its 101.4 so i undress him except diaper and gave him tylonel, he is now sleeping and thought i would let him sleep... do you think I should call the dr or take him to the ER?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd call the doctor...see what they say first. No sense in rushing to the ER since you'll have to sit and wait forever just to probably be sent home anyway.
    Anonymous

• sounds like he is sick and if you take him to the er or the ped they will most likey send him home. I dont bring down fevers but even the med books that cover lowering fevers say that your goal should be to lower, not eliminate. 101.4 is lowgrade and unless his fever is aroun 103 you shouldn't even concider lowering it. Take ten min and google feavers.. and read up on them. Fevers are an indication that your child is sick, but a fever also slows the spread of the infection and increases the imune systems production of antibodies and ability to fight. Keep him hydrated, pedialite or gatorade. Dont worry about food, fluids are more important.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 5:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• --orig poster--

ya his fever just kept climbing after that and did reach about 103 gave him tylenol and he took a nap and checked his temp and was down to 100 and he started acting normal again. I have been giving him pedialyte and he seems to be doing better, he did eat a little bit of jello and finally had a bm since he hadnt had one all day and that is not likehim and finally had a wet diaper too. He is fine now thanks for the responses
    Anonymous