Why are non- Christians so convinced they are right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They aren't. That's why they don't go around trying to browbeat everyone else into converting.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Well prove I am wrong and I will not be convinced but that is why I don't believe in god because I am convinced he doesn't exist.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 5:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• what if they are? what if christians are? we'll only know when we die
    Anonymous

__

no, they go around trying to browbeat everyone who is Christian and telling them they are wrong.
    Anonymous

• So many different religions have claimed to be real that I'm not convinced any of them are. Science, physics, and the laws of nature make a lot more sense to ME. I don't go out trying to convert anyone from their beliefs. They believe what's right for them.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• maybe its b/c we have to defend ourselves to the out numbering Christians on this site that tell us we are all doomed to hell, or that we need to repent, or that our way is sinful, or that there is only one God, or that there is a God period. maybe its b/c we have an open mind that exceeds religious possibilities, which put limitations to reality.

If Christians would change the very narrow though of what is right, no one would be wrong

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I've never been browbeaten by a non-Christian. Everyone believes in something. We all have some sort of faith and if you're not convinced that you're right, you have nothing.
    RobynS

Answer by RobynS at 5:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• People in general are convinced they're right. Some are just more hard-headed than others and that has absolutely nothing to do with their religion or upbringing. It's just the way people are. I don't worry about who thinks they're right or who thinks they're wrong, I just worry about what feels right in my heart. I love hearing people's opinions and find different outlooks interesting. I am fascinated by different religions as well. I agree with RobynS, if people weren't convinced their beliefs were right, they wouldn't be beliefs. Like she said, they would have nothing. Sometimes our beliefs are the only thing we have to drive us to wake up the next morning.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Probably because we read more than one book.
    Anonymous

• Should I copy and paste my answer from the "Why do Christians's think they are right?" Or do you think you can figure out how to go read it there?

Really, it's all a mater of PERSONAL PROOF and FAITH! It has nothing to do with truth! The difference is that I have never met a non-Christian that thought their path was the one that everyone should be on or that it was the ONLY one...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2009