How would you handle someone who says that they didn't know you were pregnant, but you aren't?

I was recently on a church organized cruise, and one of the people that I know jumped up from her table and said "Oh, I didn't know you were pregnant"!! The this is, I'm not, but I had an ectopic pregnancy recently, that was diagnosed at 8 weeks along, that nobody from church knew about. How would you guys handle that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i'd say "i'm not" and make them feel like a jackass
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I would say "Neither did I!"
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Look them dead in the face and yell, "neither did I!"
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i use to get asked that alot because i had a bit of belly fat and ppl would come up to me and say how far along are you ? or congrats , and im like congrats on what and they say arent you prego and im like no ..

i look young for my age im 24 and ppl think im like 16 or so . and this woman asked me oneday whiile i was at the dr. with my husband she said a 16 yr old pregnant and im like im not 16 and thats the first of me knowing i am prego ..

lol
    some ppl
    shawnanapier

Answer by shawnanapier at 5:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I'd ask where in the world had she heard that. Then I'd say, "I'm sorry, but your sources are mistaken."
    Anonymous

• I had someone ask when my baby was due I told them he will be 3 in july lol.
    mamatiff06

Answer by mamatiff06 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Say "Thats because Im not."
    tam84

Answer by tam84 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• how rude of them I would say looks like u r to what about 6 months turn there ignorance around on them
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• People can be really ignorant. Don't feel bad about it. I just kinda feel sorry for them that they can be so dumb. I was at my baby's first doctors appointment literaly two days after giving birth to him and I was leaving the waiting room and this lady that was like 300 pounds said "Oh he's so tiny! talk about havin em close together!"....I looked at my baby and looked at her and was like yea and laughed and walked out because I didn't know what she was talkin about. Then my mom saw the confused look on my face and was like, Jennie, she thought you were pregnant. I was like oh! Lol. I just thought she might have had a mental problem or something.
    koalamum18

Answer by koalamum18 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I would say "I'm not, but you should know it's rude to assume something like that. You could say that to someone with less confidence someday and could really hurt their feelings"

When are people going to learn it is NEVER okay to assume a woman is pregnant unless she's going into labor!
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 8:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2009