For those of you who support THIS Healthcare Bill....I have 1 question

"What is it about this bill, the one that passed and is the only one on the table right now, that you SUPPORT? Don't tell me how f'ed up things are now, how insurance companies are bad, all the same Lenni Riefenstahl talking points, I want to know what it is you SUPPORT about this bill.

I am willing to bet $ that what you say you support, or think you support isn't in the bill or not in the way you think it is.

So here is your chance Libs, sound off in support, make your case about why this is a good bill?

For those who support, did you know there are over $500 billion in tax increases that has nothing to do with healthcare in the bill? Ask the CBO.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/107xx/doc10710/hr3962Dingell_mgr_amendment_update.pdf

So maybe you're ok with tax increases, what good Lib doesn't? " JS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• as a political science major

I think you got screwed. I would get a refund on that "education" if I were you.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• why would I feel I need to explain myself to someone who calls me a lib and is so negative and disrespectful to me. I don't owe you anything typical conser. republican thinking I own them an explanation when hey who won the election again??
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 5:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Well I as the OP am a con. So then I cannot call Democrats Dems or Republicans Reps? Is your skin really that thin?
    Anonymous

Translation: doesn't have the first clue what's in the bill
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• What relevance do the slurs add to the question you posed?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• OK. This sounds pretty darned good off the bat:

"would yield a net reduction in federal budget deficits of $109 billion over the 2010-2019 period"

I also like this idea:

"set up insurance “exchanges” through which certain individuals and families could receive federal subsidies to substantially reduce the cost of purchasing that coverage"

And I actually don't have a problem with mandating health insurance. We've been doing that with auto insurance for many years in CA and I've noticed that the rate increases NOW aren't as bad as they were before the requirement.

I'm also good with this:

"significantly expand eligibility for Medicaid;"

I like theidea of an exchange and ways to reduce rates.

But more than that...I want to eliminate for-profit health care. One should not be making profits off the illnesses of others. Make profits off their WANTS. Like breast implants. Not

Answer by gdiamante at 5:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• If liberal is a slur, why are you one?
    Anonymous

• Urgh. Danred character limits.

Not their NEEDS. Like chemotherapy.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Anon- :34- I'm not one, but why the disrespect? If you want others to take you (cough Anon) seriously and answer your question with thought, why present your question with slurs-

Juat a question.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Oh yes as a political science major I have no idea, no I will go cry.
    As for why it matters because when you are asking someone to explain something to you because you are to daft to see the answer you should do it in a respectful and sincere manner or don't request the explanation at all.
    You can say it however you would like but since I have quite a lot of information on it and many good reasons for why I support parts of it, it may have been helpful to hear my opinion. I can tell in the way you asked the question that you were already set in a simple state of mind on how you view it, and that no matter what I say you are only going to use my answer as a way to bash me and try to further your own point of view. You were never looking to see anything openly or in a new way you just wanted a reason to bash other people who differ in their views, from your own.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 5:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2009