help me out plz

i have a 7 wk old and i would like him to start sleeping more at night he seems to wake up around 5 and stay up for a few grs then sleep from 8-12 now how can i get him to go to sleep more around 10-11 instead of 8 just sleeping 4hrs at a time at night would help tremendously. instead of being up every hr or two to eat any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• few hrs btw*
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately, you CANNOT make them sleep more. Especially not this early.

Go with it for now, mama. Drop anything not strictly needed for survival so you can get some rest.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• he's going to wake every two hours at first, he's still little
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I wish you all the best. At 7 weeks, this is just the normal thing. No 7 week old baby I've ever heard of sleeps through the night. My little guy would wake up at least twice a night. Just sleep when he sleeps as much as you can. Does the dad help at all?
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 5:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• at this age he is really in charge. the best advice i have for you is to sleep when he sleeps even during his daytime naps. that is the only way i ever got enough sleep through all 3 of my kids.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Unfortunately I cant tell you how to change his sleep schedule from what time to another at that age. The only thing I can say is to make sure that he knows the difference between day and night, and that during the day lights are on and their is noise in the house, and that at night it is quiet and dark, and when you do get up with him at night you feed him change him and then lay him back down again.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• im not sayin i want him to sleep through the night just mayybe 3 or 4 hrs at a time dad helps when he can but he works too so i try n let him sleep more often..i just read by 2-3 months they should be sleeping 6-8hrs at a time
    Anonymous

• Heh heh heh...whatever you just read? Use it as a doorstopper.

Babies don't bother to read the manual.

Yours is 100% normal.

Again. Survival mode. And dad doesn't get off the hook just because he works. I work, and I'll tell you this...my job is more restful than being HOME. Unless dad is making his living by carting boulders around, he's getting no sympathy here. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 5:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• LOL! You must be a new mom and the first of your friends to have a baby. My daughter was 8 months old the first time she slept six solid hours, and about 14 months when she started sleeping through the night on a regular basis.

Co-sleeping kept me from losing my mind! It was so easy to go back to sleep while my baby nursed.

Good luck, and enjoy your little one!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My son is 5 months, try to get him on a schedule
    lattemom1

Answer by lattemom1 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2009