Lawsuit question....(follow up from previous question)

I was in a car accident and my lawyer sent out a demand package a little over two months ago. They did acknowledge the receipt of the package but have not responded yet. My lawyer has left several messages and they have not returned his phone calls. What happens now? Can the other insurance company really jerk us around like this? How long does this stuff take? Any insight is helpful. Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• What happens now? You will probably have to take it to court!
    Can the other insurance company really jerk us around like this?They will use any thing to jerk you around. Their job seems to be more about making sure no claims go through and finding loop holes. When it comes to the car damages My dh use to deal with this all the time working at the car dealership repairs so I can ask him if you like.
    How long does this stuff take? Any insight is helpful. Thanks!! It can take along time. A cop car that hit and totaled the car of a young female took her 2 yrs with insurance.
    Good luck if you can think of any thing else you would like to ask you can pm me.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2009