Is it strange that she doesn't have any teeth at 8.5 months?

My dd still has no teeth, she will be 9 mos on the 26th. I am not sure what to think, my 2.5 year old dd had all of her teeth before turning one and has her 2 year old molars already. So is it strange that she doesn't have any teeth and isn't even showing any signs of teething?

SweetPea05

Asked by SweetPea05 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no cause every baby is different. my mom once knew a Navajo woman that had her baby and he already had 2 teeth..when he was born. so it jus depends on the kid.
    excited2bemommy

Answer by excited2bemommy at 6:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• In my family, babies get teeth after their first b-day. Also, most of us have NEVER has a cavity. It's a good sign IMO. Hooray for safer nipples if you are nursing!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My son didn't get his first tooth till he was 9 mos old. When it came in, he got five teeth in just one week. No crying, no fussing, they just appeared.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My daughter didn't get hers until after her 1st birthday and now at 14 months they are coming in fast! Don't worry. :)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Ok. I was just starting to worry because she has a bunch of health problems and didn't know if this was normal, or something I should be bringing up with her Dr's. Thanks ladies!!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Your children sound jsut like mine! LOL My DD had her first teeth come in at 4 1/2 months, with almost all of them in by 1. DS on the other hand just got his first 2 this month (he's 10 1/2 mo). They are just barely poking through still- though they first broke through 2 weeks ago. Pedi. dentist told me that the late teeth come in the better, and to not worry about it.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• my oldest was like that. but once they came in.....it was almost overnight. ouch.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My oldest got one at 11 months and didn't get anymore til 15 months. Number 2 was I think 12 months or so before she got any. The baby is only 2 months, I am hoping he'll wait til he's close to a year too.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 7:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• my dd dint get teeth till almost 10 mts and ds is 8 mts and jsut cuttig teeth. some kids dont get them till they are 12 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My son was the same way - then he got all of his teeth one after the other in pairs of two. They'll come in don't worry :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2009