doest breastmilk change after weaning?

Whats the difference between old breast milk and colostrum? what is coming out is: a little cloudy, thick, and sticky, sometimes a lil yellowish. What do you all think it is? I stopped breastfeeding a lil more than three months ago and dont know if that will effect the consistency of breast milk. possiblilty of pregnancy but so far BFNs soooooo whats the verdict? lol

(not really sure where this belongs)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I weaned about a month ago. and now my milk tastes salty and nasty compared to tasting sweet like it usually did. Probly has a bit to do with what I eat but...I can say that much. It isn't sweet at all.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 7:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• colostrum is what you produce right after birth and then the first few weeks of BF.
    Anonymous

• op here----colostrum also builds up during pregnancy, and some women can leak it at such time. what i'm curious of is will my milk end up sticky like that bc i'm not bf-ing or is the pregnancy a culprit and milk is starting to make itself again?
    Anonymous

• Usually there no colostrum in pregnancy til after 16 weeks so if you were preggers you would be enough that a test would show.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2009