8 year old driving me crazy !!!!!

He won't help out at home. He ignores me when i call him for dinner. Makes smart little comments without having a dirty mouth...if you know what i mean. breaks things all the time. Wont help with little brother, just tries to antagonize him...meanwhile, im very pregnant and have extreamly high blood pressure.....He makes me Soooooo angry with the way he acts, and the little smirks he gives me. He does get alot of attention from my husband andi...so i don't get his prob. Hes in boyscouts with my husband who is Den leader......i try to restrict him when he is bad, or take toys away, but it doesnt seem to fase him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Ever hear the saying "spare the rod , spoil the child'? I have twins that are now 14 1/2 and when they were 8 I did spank them. Not beat them but spank them on their butts with my hand. I also took away privilages and stood strong and didn't give in if they whined or cried. Of course I started all of this disapline when they were young but I have never regretted it and I have asked them if I was a mean Mom and they say no. Now I have strong communication with them and an open invitation to talk about anything. I hear so many people getting up in arms over spanking but I was raised that way and feel I am a better person for it. Good luck. Each child is different and unfortunately does not come with a owners manual. :)
    tietwinsmom

Answer by tietwinsmom at 9:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• oh someone please anwser this. This sounds like my 8 years.
    3wonderfullboys

Answer by 3wonderfullboys at 8:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2009