My 8yr. old still bed wetting?

We took her to the doctors, they said she was missing a hormone and that her bladder isn't caught up yet, but now that she is 8 is it pyscological? My stepson had night terrors when his biomom was bad, and now he's with us they are gone (have been since7) She sees her mom a lot and sees fights and other crap. Please Help! I didn't want to take up tons of space with all the deatils, this is the jist. Thanks

kimmie1019

Asked by kimmie1019 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My mother did that till she was about 9, and it was mostly emotional stress (from parents as well as monster-under-the-bed stuff), I think, though she has always had kind of a bad bladder/stomach too. My lil cousin did it till around 8 or so, too, and with her I think it was a combo of them letting her drink too much before bed as well as being afraid of vampires and not going to the bathroom cause she was too scared to go down the hall. I hope you get it figured out, I know it must be a tuff situation.
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2009