Should taxpayers pay for abortions?

I know there has been heavy debate that if the healthcare bill is in fact passed and put into effect whether or not abrotions should be covered. What do you think? I am not asking if you are for or against abortions or asking for drama. I would like to have a nice healthy debate without people getting nasty and rude.

I personally am not for universal healthcare anyway, but if it does get passed I do not want to be responsible for paying for abortions. I think it should stick to private clinics like Planned Parenthood and such unless the abortion is 100% medically necessary.

SweetPea05

Asked by SweetPea05 at 7:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oops *abortions
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• No. It is not my responsibility to help someone get out of what they consider a "mess".
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• no, i don't want to pay to have a baby killed when i'm pro life
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• the only tax money of mine I want used to kill people are the convicted sick pukes on death row....as well as rapists and child abusers.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• No not at all..it is their own responsibility..I think it is just wrong to force others to pay for such
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• NO, I do not think taxes should be used to cover abortions. It is an ELECTIVE procedure in the first place. If a therapeutic termination is medically needed they are covered anyway. I personally could never choose abortion. I want others to have the choice for themselves though. The ket word is choice.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I def dont think I should have to pay. If its your choice then it should be your money. Whats next? Paying taxes so we can all get plastic surgery? lol that would be nice though! haha
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• the killer should pay!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 7:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Hell no, it wasnt my fault they had sex irresponsibly.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• No. They shouldn't pay for viagra, implants, botox or lipo either. Corrective and necessary, yes. Elective, no.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2009