Does this bug you?

When people who have not yet gotten pregnant join your due date group on cafemom? Obviously, they're ttc, and I certainly hope they get a bfp, but I find it a little creepy that they're trying to bond with ladies who really are pregnant,but odds are they arent. They also post a lot about "am I pregnant?" when we're all talking about actually being pregant, wouldn't they rather be in a group where they can participate? Why not stay in a TTC group so you don't have to go through telling everyone this wasn't your month? Its kinda a downer for all us in the midst of celebrating our BFP. I mean, do they just keep joining "due in" groups every month? Am I the only one who thinks that's a little creepy? I know this was a little mean, and again, I really do hope those ladies get bfps, I just was wondering if anyone else felt this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I thnk that many just do it to see what your going through so they know. I wouldnt call it creepy though jmo
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• whats bfp? lol tried to look it up but didnt find it
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• "big fat positive" it means a positive pregnancy test.
    Anonymous

• im tired of the "am i pregnant" questions! they should be banned!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Well, it does not bother me haha but i can see how some people get frustrated or creeped out. On the otherhand i really dont like reading advice from people that havent experieced being pregnancy either. As far as the "AM I PREGNANT" posts.. i think some people just get so excited about the possibility of being pregnant that they want some hope from all of us that are. I dont see no harm in that. Givem the only person that truely knows that answer is the doctor. Like i said...nothing wrong with giving those ppl that are ttc a little hope or "baby dust" :)
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Its not creepy at all but I do have sympothy for them because I was there once, I didnt join groups of already pregnant women but I was always one to ask questions because we tried for a very long time for this pregnancy and in the end it took fertility drugs to help us out. So maybe if it bothers you just ignore it and then every one can be happy :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 8:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• oh yah, I don't care at all about the "am I pregnant" posts here in the answers section or on a ttc board usually (of course there's always one where they basically say they exisit so maybe they're pregnant? and that's annoying) its just actually joining a group for women who are due in whatever month without being pregnant. I don't think it makes sense and it really does come off a little diluted. The odds of getting pregnant any one month isn't high, and the thought of them doing it every single cycle is actually creepy to me. why put yourself (and moms who are going through the joy of getting a bfp) through that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Nov. 11, 2009