Can you recommend a breast pump?

Which breast pump do you think is the best? I'm looking for something small, good quality, convenient, and fast. Doesn't matter about the price.

jessiepink

Asked by jessiepink at 7:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had the medela mini electric - it was great and lasted through 3 kids (9months,5months and 1yr of bf and pumping) before i gave it to my cousin to use

medela's a great brand and easy to find - the accessories and bits and pieces and repairs if you need.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Medela FreeStyle... Try on Ebay for used once (medela says it voids warranty, but who cares? i got mine for $140 instead of $380)... It's so quite... And my son LOVES "the white noise" :)
    Polposha

Answer by Polposha at 8:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• medela!! the best
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Depends on your needs. Occasional bottle? Avent Isis is great. Or a Medela Swing.

Working out of the home? Medela PIS, Ameda Purely Yours.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I have an Evenflo electric pump and I love it, it works great even though its a bit loud. I had and Advent manual at first and HATED it.
    KayLundy3

Answer by KayLundy3 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I have a bulky medela pump in style and it rocks. Medela just came out with one called a FreeStyle you clip to your belt and strap on the cones and you can walk around with it! Wish I could afford it!
    Brieshon

Answer by Brieshon at 2:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Wow, medela seems to be the way to go. Thanks everybody.
    jessiepink

Answer by jessiepink at 6:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yes! My fave is the hygiea breast pump: www.hygieababy.com. It allows you to record your baby’s sounds to play back...but you simply MUST try it with the hands free pumping bra from www.EasyExpression.com. I am the mother of twins and it SAVED MY LIFE!!! With this fabulous bra you can pump completely hands free with any breast pump, which totally relaxes you so when you are relaxed you will produce more milk, and your hands are free to keep working! Good luck!
    TwinMommaBBP

Answer by TwinMommaBBP at 4:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2009