Ok spin off on another question, do you give more respect to teen mom's who take responsibility for their actions?

The "do you have a hard time feeling sorry for teen moms" question got me thinking. I personally do not feel any sympathy for teen moms who complain about how hard their lives are because they got pregnant at a young age. On the flip side however, I feel enormous amounts of respect for those young mothers who take a potentially terrible situation and make something amazing out of it, whether it be through adoption or by biting the bullet and being an amazing mommy and taking care of their child. How about you?

SweetPea05

Asked by SweetPea05 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do! I feel so much respect for them! It proves that they really are mature when they step up and take care of their baby
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I agree but you dont have to be 15 to raise a kid under desperate measures
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Absolutely not Steph :D
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• You mean more respect than I would have for an older mom doing the same things? No.
    Anonymous

• here's how i feel. ANYONE who gets themselves into a situation of getting pregnant (no matter what age) that takes responsibility for their actions deserves huge props!!! and i do respect them...being a mom is not an easy thing to do. but those who do it and always try hard to give their children everything they may need is doing a very great thing!!!
    excited2bemommy

Answer by excited2bemommy at 8:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Great post excited2bemommy!!!!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 8:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• if they were RESPONSIBLE teens then they would have been intelligent enough NOT to have gotten pregnant.

Anonymous

Amen.
    Anonymous

• ok see anon, your post is the kind that offends me and probably a lot of other teen moms on here. I AM A TEEN MOM. and im a PROUD MOM!!! i love my daughter and would do anything for her. getting pregnant with her does not make me irresponsible. don't group all teen moms into one stereotype of being horrible irresponsible little brats who cant keep their legs closed! ....there are a lot of teen moms who are wonderful moms, who decided to take full responsibility. i respect all moms who took responsibility no matter what age! please don't go around bashing TEEN moms just because their TEENS.
    excited2bemommy

Answer by excited2bemommy at 8:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• What do you mean with if the teen would be responsible she wouldn't got pregnant??? Not have sex before they are married? I had sex before I was married, so how can I tell my child later not to have sex before marriage??? A lil hypocritical, isn't it...
    And if you scroll through the Q&A section, there are so many mom's out there that won't allow their teenage daughters to get the pill or any kind of birth control or even talk to them about sex.
    Best thing to get the number of unwanted teen pregnancies smaller is to talk to the girls, tell them about sex and what can happen (pregnancy, STD's).
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 8:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2009