"wifely duty"

Ive seen this term used a lot when it comes to marriage and sex. Im sure many post it to get a rise out of others. I personally think it sounds rediculous that it is our "duty" to give our men sex! I know its healthy for a relationship and I def enjoy it. But def wouldnt call it my "duty"! What do you think?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• LOL, my husband has said that before, "Do your Wifely Duty"! I look at him and say, "what making dinner? Sure you want spam every night.....keep it up and you will be glad to get spam! If you are talking about sex....you have two hands....and I will let you know when I want it....got it!" LOL, usually shuts him up for awhile

We've already proven I fit into his pants, but he can't fit into mine!
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 8:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I completly agree w/ u OP!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 8:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• some christians (and even non christians) say that you're not allowed to say no to your husband when he wants sex, because you're supposed to be submissive.

i agree with you though :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i agree..but maybe some are'nt happy being married and stay in it for the wrong reasons...maybe they feel like having sex is part of their duty just to keep him from straying so she can hold on to whatever material things are there and thats all the relationship is based on anyway
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Well if it is considered to be one of my wifely duties it is one I rather enjoy. Much better than cooking and cleaning.
    It annoys me that women feel they have to be submissive in a relationship. My dh and I are partners, if it is my wifely duty to have sex with him, it is just as much so his husbandly duty to help me want to have sex with him.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i agree with you! however, since i've completely lost my sex drive while i've been pregnant, i feel awful that i'm not giving my man any. i know it's not my job & he's not an ass about it ever & is very respectful of me, but i do feel bad, like i'm not living up to some expectation. but i think that's all in my head, 'cause like i said, my man never makes me feel bad for not wanting to have sex.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i never wanted sex when i was pregnant
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Gosh its all I wanted while pregnant! Lol its now after the fact that hes a lazy shit that I def dont consider it. He doesnt help me with anything and doesnt deserve pleasure for being an ass
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2009