how to explain to a toddler about a new baby?

I'm currently pregnant ... we have a 18 month lil girl ... she loves little babies ... so we figure she will be ok with the new baby ... but not sure since this one will be here all the time ... plus we moving out of state in january .. so its a big chance already ... baby not due till july

patrtiots_mommy

Asked by patrtiots_mommy at 8:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know how much an 18 month old can grasp the concept of a sibling coming but you can still just talk to her about it in simple terms everyday and I would give her lots of special attention now and when the baby comes so that with all of the big changes she will still feel secure in her place with the family. Good luck with everything you have coming up!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 8:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• my dd was 15 mts when i became pregnant with my baby. form the moment we found out we told her. i took her to my app and let her hear the heartbeat, she went with me to u/s and i always included her in everytjing about the baby. she rub
    y belly, kiss my belly, talk to the baby and she loved to feel him kick. he is now 8 mts and she is a great sister
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• It might help to get her a doll and let he "help" you by taking care of her baby.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 12:28 AM on Nov. 11, 2009