How do I get my toddler to keep his diaper on?

I have been putting it on backwards for weeks but today he figured out that little trick. Any other suggestions?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol im sorry, my older sister had the same problem with my nephew for the LONGEST time! how old is he? old enough to start wearing pull ups during the day yet?...anyway my sister couldn't get my nephew to stop either. he kinda just outgrew it.
    excited2bemommy

Answer by excited2bemommy at 8:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• overalls?
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 8:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• duct tape. SIL had to do it, worked like a charm - a pain in the butt to get off for a change but the baby couldn't (she did try though)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• POTTY TRAIN! If the child is old enough to remove their diaper repeatedly then they are definitely old enough to understand how to use the potty.Wearing diapers is only wasting your time and money at this point because the child doesn't need them anymore.
    Anonymous

• POTTY TRAINING TIME !!!! lol my mom use to tell me i pulled off my diaper at 10mo n had me potty train by the end of the year ... have funn ..
    blssdwittwns930

Answer by blssdwittwns930 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Potty training? Wow, i don't kow if I am ready for that, let alone him. Although I just did a quick Google search and he seems to be showing most of the signs of being ready. He is only 15 months, I thought that was way too early for potty training. I may have to give it a try or start preparing for it anyway. Thanks ladies for your input!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• yeah, potty training would work too....

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Yeah, potty training time. Go buy a potty and let him check it out. I'm sure he'll be very happy to be able to run around diaper free without you nagging at him :) The best way to potty train is to let them run around with out the diaper at first and then try to get him to wear some "big boy" underwear. The underwear is a good training tool for them to understand wetness and the consequence of "peeing their pants" as apposed to going on the potty. Pull ups don't help. Just use them for nap time and bed time. Good luck and be patient.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My daughter started doing this at like 10 months old... she certainly wasn't ready to potty train. You can try the potty but if he's not ready... try putting some clothes on him so he can't take the diaper off.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:22 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It may be time to start potty training. My parents put a small piece of duct tape on my old sister's diaper to keep hers on her. It worked until they were all ready to potty train her. I suggest trying to potty train your child. It may be what they're asking to do..
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2009