Potty Training

I need to know a few tricks. Ray will be 4 in feb. and still isnt potty trained yet, I need help here ladies!

RayTsMom

Asked by RayTsMom at 8:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• try cheerios in the toilet what i had to do at first hough he wouldnt even sit on the potty so i got a garbage bag and set his potty right infront of the tv fo his favorite show.. and mad him sit there long and long each time then after a week i moved it to the bathroom.. he should have gone on there a couple times before you move it to the bath room.. and when he wakes up put him on the potty every half hour i would but make it a game like cheerios let him aim at them.. i mean hell do it but thats what i had to do.. and that was when he was 3 now hes 3 1/2 and he just started going poop on there sooo i think boys take way longer then girls cuz my daughter is 4 and was potty trained at 2 soo.. i dunno.. but hell do it i wouldnt worrie and stress to much
    mrm1787

Answer by mrm1787 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Well first of all, you've made my day! My 3 year old started 4 days ago. Last night I was ready to go back to pull-ups when my son yelled " He made #2 in the pottyyyyyyy!" We were so happy. But today, he did #2 3x in his underwear and #1 twice. He's my 5th and I despise potty training (i'm supposed to be helping, right:). This time I said, when he's ready, he'll go. I'm not going to force him. Girl, you have helped me to see that he will never go, if somebody doesn't intervene (lol),

1.) AS SOON as he wakes up in the a.m. , put him on the potty.

2.) If you think he has to do #2, he probably does, put him on the potty.

3.) If he wakes up in the middle of the night, put him on. and just,
    be patient. He'll get it. He has too ... right? (lol)

In the same boat,
    Pam
    1HappyMom441

Answer by 1HappyMom441 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• my 3 year old refuses to potty train too
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• my son just turned 3 at the end of september,and we're still having trouble getting him potty trained,when its HIS idea he'll go,but if he doesnt want to,he straight up refuses! He goes to school 4 days a week,and his teachers say they suggest to the parents that are have a hard time breaking there kids to send them to school in underwear,and just send a few extra outfits with them because with them knowing theyre in underwear and being around other kids that use the potty then they maybe more likely to use the potty too-that maybe having a pullup on makes them "nervous" about other kids knowing theyre wearing a pullup or something...im a little nervous about sending him in underwear though,but we're going to work on potty training full force this week,and TRY sending him in his underwear monday,Im willing to try anything once! Alot of people keep telling me alot of boys are 4 or older before theyre fully trained,i hope not!
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 7:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2009