What do do when a best friend is not giving 100% of the friendship?

My BFF have been friends since elementary school. We had a argue today. She made me realized that I am giving 10o% of this friendship and she only giving 80%. What should I do?

DivaMom1118

Asked by DivaMom1118 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• You need to be more specific. It may be the truth or it may be perception that the 100%/80% exists. Maybe your expectations are unrealistic.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• A best friend is someone you know all about but care about her anyway. If you want more from her than she is willing to give, and if you've pointed this out to her, then maybe it is time to move apart. Friendships do change as people change, and what bound you as friends at one time may no longer be what is needed.

Answer by Bmat at 9:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• We're each other children godparent. My goddaughter is 13yrs old. When she was 2 yrs old, I would take her to school for BFF. We were in college at the time. I didn't have a early class. So, now I have a child. I can't rely on her to help me pick her up when I am running late. She has a demanding job. I try to understand that. She didn't want to tell me that she was vac. cuz She was afraid that I ask her to pick up her godchild.
    DivaMom1118

Answer by DivaMom1118 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• You have to realize that as we become adults, our lives get more complicated and it can be harder for things to be like they used to be. It doesn't mean that she loves you any less or that she doesn't value your friendship, it's just that life is different now. You just need to be patient and understanding with her, as you would want her to be if your life got a hold of you and you weren't able to be there as much as you'd like.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I have understand that she is not able to be there for her goddaughter as much as I was with mine. I still continue to be there. My BFF has her parents to help out. I don't have a mom that would help me. So, I need to lean on my BFF. I feel that I willing to whatever, but she would things within reason. That's why I am questioning our friendship. I think that's being too selfish.
    DivaMom1118

Answer by DivaMom1118 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I dont think the fact that she has help from her family should matter to you in anyway.. its a give and take.. you give you take she gives she takes
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 10:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• She gets help from her parents is not the issue. I mention it , cuz i don't get the help that I would give her. She may not need my help, cuz my godaughter is older. I didn't like the idea of her lying about her vac. I think that her feeling that she doen't want to do anything.
    DivaMom1118

Answer by DivaMom1118 at 7:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2009