Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support??

Anyone can answer this for me, would be great... how is the father suppose to pay ?? Is able to hand me a check or money order? because i thought that he is suppose to go thru a child support agency ?? Right ??

Answer Question

Asked by blssdwittwns930 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • If it is court ordered, then yes, they would take it right out of his pay before he even gets it. Any money he gives you is a gift and does not count towards the ordered amount. This is the way it is in Ohio, anyway. Plus if you get any kind of public assistance, they get a cut of the money before you get any. Hope this helps.

    Answer by phantomphan at 9:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • You need to go to court and have the judge make the arrangements

    Answer by Steph319 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • He needs to go through a child support system so that it will show he is paying child support if not the only document he has is his money order or check stubs. It's best that you guys arrange it to where it shows in the child support system. GL

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • I agree with the others. When my x left, he gave me money until the child support kicked in. The judge asked if I had received any money, and I said I had and how much, because they (usually) backdate the child support to the time you first put in your order.

    Personally it is up to you. If you want to get actually child support, go through the state, it is always taken out before he can spend it. If you trust him to give you the same amt, go for it. But you might get more through the state.

    Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 9:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • yep its a court order...

    Answer by blssdwittwns930 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • If there is a court order the court usually makes arrangements to have the support amount automatically deducted from his pay. He will never see the money. The money will go to Child Support and they will forward the payment to you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.