he is just turning 3..

okay so my son is turning in to be a handful, not sure how to deal with it anymore, I tell him to go to his room and he screams FINE.. or NO and guess he told the sitters kid today to shut up, worse part is I dont know where he gets it from, he use to say OH MAN all the time found out its on a barney movie but I got no clue were this attitude is coming from.. how do I get it under control now he has a younger sitter that does whatever he does.. so I want this fixed now.. before she does it too

miss_nevin

Asked by miss_nevin at 9:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would change his punishment if he doesn't seem effected by going to his room. I changed my son to a chair, facing a wall. He has to sit quietly looking at the wall.

As for the attitude, make sure you discipline for it EVERY time and your sitter is doing the same. If he doesn't learn it is wrong he will just keep doing.

As for where he gets it, who knows. My son is five and busts out with some random phrases that bewilder me when I try to figure out where they come from...
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 9:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2009