When did your baby...

...learn & answer to their name?

OhBaby1467

Asked by OhBaby1467 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd was real young. I dont know exactly what month but I want to say around 6 months. She is 16 months now and is just starting to say her name.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• at about 3 months if you said her name she would look at you.
    she knows that your talking to her or about her.
    Anonymous

• my son was around 6 months I know for sure that he wasn't any older than that , the doc said that was a little early tho
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 9:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• 6 monthsish for both of them I would say... however the other night the twins were standing at their leapfrog table and my husband was calling my daughter... she was just steady ignoring him! my son was looking at him, she finally turned around after maybe the 3rd or 4th call! Gotta love that stubborn little thing!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 9:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My daughter was around 4 months.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 10:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• 2 years or so. I don't know what the deal was with my son, he would never respond to his name, I remember him being almost 2 and running off and we would yell his name and he wouldn't turn around or anything. I finally taught him his name, I would say "what's your name? Elijah. What's your name? Elijah" and he picked up on it. I don't remember with my daughter, but I don't remember being aware of her recognizing her name as a baby either. But somewhere around 1 she would refer to herself by her name.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:00 AM on Nov. 11, 2009