Is anyone embarrased of your step teens???? Their appearance, the way they talk in public????

Weswie

Asked by Weswie at 9:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I am embarassed to take my SS in public. He is 11 though. He has horrible manners, does not have a "filter" when it comes to what not to say out loud, and he is just plain out of control. He is adhd and odd and birthmom does NOTHING to help him. When he is with us we just don't go out in public anymore. It is sad bc most of it is not his fault-if he was in couseling like his dr wants, or possibly on meds like the dr wants it would be a lot better. Birthmom just does not want to deal to she ignores the situation all together.
    Anonymous

• Love how step mom's always blame the birth mom for their step kids behavior. If the bio mom is neglecting the medical needs why doesn't the father step in and do something??????
    Anonymous

• because there is only so much the father can do. especially if the child in question is with the birth mother more than 60% of the time, there needs to be continuous attention to a situation like this. All parents need to be involved.
    kidomom

Answer by kidomom at 1:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I have to agree the father should step in Anon. I'm sure my ex-husband's wife has complaints about mine, although my kids are very well behaved at home and when we take them out, but I doubt she would ever consider that my ex is never around (in part, thanks to her). My ex isn't any help at all. He's even told me that he doesn't feel right telling my son what to do because he's not around enough to.
    He moved 6-7 hours away to move in with his mistress. Lovely.
    My son dresses crazy, but he's 15, so that's just part of being a teen. I'm fine with it and I don't care if it bothers them. He's well behaved, respectful, and clean.
    Whenever I hear step-mother's complain I'm super happy I have both full legal and physical custody and that they live so far away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• my SS used to drive me crazy when he lived here. he was used to being the center of attention growing up because he was the youngest and the boy. Here my DD is younger so he was always doing stupid shizz @ 16/17 years old to get attention. And those damn pants hanging down with his drawers hanging out! Got tired of asking him to pull his pants up or his shirt down and i finally started walking up behind him and giving him wedgies....after a few of those he got the damn point. He is still a punk and will probably spend more time in jail than he has already at this point and he is 19.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 7:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yes my SS 17 is narcissistic, he is cocky thinks he knows everything and acts like a big A.. most of the time. My DH has tried over the years to tell him that he can not act like he does because people with not like it. He is just like his mother and there is nothing that his father can do god knows he has tried. Good Luck I need some to
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 8:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I know exactly how you feel. Except his mom has nothing to do with him since he was two and now he is fourteen. Counseling didn't help, medication is the only thing that helps a little. He is very disrespectful and rude to everyone especially me. He has adhd. He has no friends because he can't get along with anyone , not even his three year old brother. If you find a solution he;p me.
    Anonymous