how do you get rid of a "tickle in your throat?"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Health

• I use a neti-pot. I bought mine in a grocery store. You mix the salt and baking soda solution that comes with it or make your own solution, tilt your head over the sink and pour the solution into one nostril so that it runs out of the other nostril, then turn your head and pour it the other way. It cleans out the mucus that is in that area. I've also mixed a small amount of (un-iodized) salt in a small glass of warm water and sniffed it up and spit it out to clear out the sinus/nasal area. These help clear out the drip that causes throat discomfort. I also gargle with warm salt water.

Answer by Bmat at 9:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• SPoon full of honey might do the trick... it will coat your throat.
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:01 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Make a syrup with equal parts honey (anti-bacterial) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory). Eliminate dairy for a while, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2009