I want get my daughters ears pierced.. how old does she need to be before i do it?

Smashbunni

Asked by Smashbunni at 9:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think they just need a certian shot done I just don't remember which one.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 9:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• What if she doesn't want her ears pierced? Shouldn't you wait until she's old enough to decide for herself?
    Anonymous

• She doesn't need a shot to get her ears done. We got my daughters done at clairs. They require them to be 3 months old and she did them very well. No complaints and no problems. She just had to be 3 months. No shots.... never heard that before.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My DD had hers done at 6 months by her pedi. She is now 2, never touched them and never had any problems with them. She loves them and she will choose what earrings she wants to wear.

They do have screw back earrings for infants.

It cost more at the pedi office but IMO it was better than going to the mall.

IF you get them done, just make sure you clean them properly.

Do what you feel is right. Don't let other people tell you what to do.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I am letting my daughter decided for herself.she is 6 now so whenever she askesshe can have them done.
    Anonymous

• It doesn't matter where you go to get them done really. Just as long as you know how to take care of them and it doesn't matter if it was at the mall or not. Some pediatricians don't do them. Where we lived they didn't do it.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• There isn't really an age that it's best for you to get ur daughter's ears pierced. It really depends on if u want to be the one taking care of them or if u want her to be mature enough to take care of them herself. I had one daughter that had no problems with having them done at 8 yrs(she's now 14) and then I have one that we tried twice to have her ears pierced and she still won't take care of them and she's 11.
    munchkun

Answer by munchkun at 10:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• thanks for all the advice!! i have always wanted my daughter to have her ears pierced and im great with my own piercings so taking care of them wont be a problem.. if when shes older and she doesnt want them then its not like she cant take them out..
    Smashbunni

Answer by Smashbunni at 10:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I personally don't agree with piercing a baby's ears, but if you're going to do it, I'd recommend finding a real piercer with a needle who will do a baby's ears instead of someone at the mall who'll use a piercing gun. Piercing guns are awful at making decent, clean holes and not actually the most sanitary things. They can't be autoclaved, for one thing.
    Beichan

Answer by Beichan at 10:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• They use brand new guns to pierce any ears. They open everything right in front of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2009