How do you feel about the death penalty?

Speaking from a faith- based p.o.v. I disagree with it. I am prolife to the core- even with the death penalty. Not to mention- there is always the possibility (even though it may be slim) that the accused is innocent. My husband and I always disagree on this. Curious to what others think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in the death penalty. Did you watch Oprah today? They had an interview of an inmate on Death Row due to be executed next month. Oh, and the DC sniper was to be executed a few hours ago, I think.
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• All for it! Eye for an eye.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I'm for it.. the justice system is set up to make the chance of an Innocent person being sentenced to death very slim.

For example in my home state- Montana-the person automatically gets an appeal even if they don't want one.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I think it's not used nearly enough! You have to be one sick mother f*cker to end up on death row. I say, give them ONE appeal - JUST ONE! Yes, there is an off chance that one in 10,000 may be innocent, but that's what an appeal is for. And today, with DNA and all, there are less and less death row inmates that are innocent.

I say, if they get their appeal and they are still guilty, give them 24 hours and hang them. No expensive injections that the innocent populous has to pay for, but a rope, a.k.a. the $5 solution!

I see no reason why, when so many innocent and good people are living on the street because they can't afford the basics, we are allowing these monsters to breath, guaranteeing them heat, a roof and 3 squares... Sorry, I would rather my money went to those that didn't kill, maim, rape and torture for fun...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• very slim still is a chance.
    Anonymous

• i don't see it as a faith-based POV..i see it as something the state/government decides upon, and as a xtian, i'm supposed to obey the laws of the land. it doesn't mean i have to agree with it, but its not in my hands. its not a point of judgement for me..God will judge when he decides to.
    of course, that POV might change if i were one of the elected who decides who gets the death penalty. i'd have to give it more thought.
    oh this is confusing..i'm actually on the fence. for once.
    nobody wants to be responsible for sending an alleged criminal to death, then find out they were innocent. you can't undo the act. the fact is the death penalty exists, and where there is undeniable evidence of some terrible crime that calls for this possible sentence, why wait it out? why waste tax dollars and court time on appeals? it most often delays the inevitable, and costs us money.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I'm Against the Death Penalty Look What Happened to Jesus crucifixion Sticker

Anonymous

• Not faith based, I'm just for it, providing there is no doubt what so ever about guilt. I also am not for retarded people being executed, because I don't think they really know what's going on.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 10:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I'm for it.
    ifollowjesus

Answer by ifollowjesus at 10:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I'm for it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2009