how would u feel if someone said this to you

m not going to bore u with the details, basically at my job everyones shift ends at 9 pm except two people stay until 10 and those two have a supervisor with them.

on a particularly slow night last week i was staying til ten w/ another girl and the manager said one of us could go at 9 or sooner and it would just be the one person and the sup.

i told her she could go early i wanted the extra hour

later the manager was looking at time cards and a person was behind in thier hours, they have insurance thru where i work and i dont so they have to have 30 hours every week. the manager said the supervisor could choose who would stay until ten. now i will tell you the other person is a man, and so is my supervisor.
now the sup. picked the guy to stay til ten over me and tahts fine i have insurance else where and i understand he had to get those hours more than me. what makes me mad is the way the sup. made the decision cont

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• the sup said if it was just going to be two ppl til 10 instead of 3 hed be more comfortable working with the same sex...is it just me or is that wrong. sorry its long i guess i did put all the details in lol
    Anonymous

• maybe he doesnt trust himself being alone with a female or maybe he has a very jealous wife that would freak if she found out it was just him an a female associate
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I don't think it's wrong. I would feel more comfortable working with a woman then I would a man. Just because you don't know how that person will act. Like if he's married I'm sure he doesn't want rumors started that you two got it on or anything
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• lol thats what my mom said about it, the cant handle himself alone w/ a woman. but ive worked with him alone before. and he is one of the types that has to ask his wife everything. i just think his choice shouldnt have been made by what sex i was. our staff is mostly female.
    Anonymous

• Welcome to the fear of sexual harassment claims environment. I'm not saying you would do that, but my husband would have done the exact same thing. He is hyper-afraid of even the possibility of the claim. He is a forester. He refuses to cruise timber with any of the women foresters without at least one other person (a male) present. I'm glad he cares that much. I hate you didn't get your hour just because some women are opportunists.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• we dont work alone in a building we work in a lobby full of other workers. wed just be at our desk alone thered be 4 feet in between us the whole time
    Anonymous

• I suspect it isn't so much that he can't handle working with a woman but that there are too many cases of a woman accusing the man of improper behavior, and he doesn't want to have to deal with that. Plus his wife or the female coworker's husband might worry or cause trouble.

Answer by Bmat at 10:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• That is sexual discrimination. Maybe instead of worrying about a sexual harassment claim, he should be worried about a sexual discrimination claim.
    Anonymous

• I think thats ridiculous for you to be mad about and should stop focusing on it. Do you blame him? Every time you turn around a disgruntled employee is crying rape or sexual harassment when nothing happened just for leverage.
    Anonymous

• ok for the idiots not reading other things ive posted down here. IVE WORKED WITH HIM ALONE BEFORE WITH NO PROBLEMS. THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE IN THE BUILDING SO HOW COULD I SAY HE SEXUALLY HARASSED ME THERED BE 12 WITNESSES SAYING I WAS A LIAR jesus learn to read.

for those who read all the info and gave good answer thank you i was just wondering how you wouldve handled the situation.
    Anonymous