If you suspect swine flu of child would you...

Would you go to work, knowing child is well taken care of. Also knowing you could be a carrier. Or would you stay home 7 days. I work as dental hygienist, so very close to patients. Opinions. Never thought i'd have to deal with this or ever ask such a question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Kids' Health

• i would stay home. i have a 5 month old son and i have been FREAKING OUT that im going to catch swine flu at school and give it to him, and hes going to either be very sick or die. i have been having nightmares and everything. im in college. the other day, a girl in my class sitting two people away from shares to the class that her son has swine flu. i wanted to punch the bitch in the face. please do not spread this around. you could ruin someones life. please stay home.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Please stay home. I don't want to get sick and I don't want you to leave your child no matter how well taken care of. Mommy or Daddy is who a child wants when he/she is sick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• 7 days? Really? Why? My daughter had H1N1 in May. It was the flu!! 3 days of fever (the highest was 102.5), a few more of cough and congestion, one really gross bloody nose. Neither my husband nor I contracted it.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• And get some elderberry syrup. The FDA criticized the manufacturer of Tamiflu for "overstatement" of claims of efficacy, since blind studies comparing it to a placebo only resulted in a 1.3 day difference. A study on Sambucol (Elderberry) found a 3-4 day difference in duration of symptoms.

• you can take your kid to the doc and get a test to see if it is swine, they swab the nose, they dont wanna do it because the cdc doesnt want it tracked for whatever reason but as a parent you can demand the test - doesnt hurt, takes 10 minutes to get results, i think you should do that! also swine is less contagious than normal flus and colds.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2009