is it normal for a 2 1/2 yr old to want to watch the same movie over and over again?

ok heres the deal my 2 1/2 yr old son jessie loves to watch cars the movie. The thing is when the movie is over he throws me the remote and tells me mommy cars and i am getting sick of watching cars every night when he goes to bed even during the day he watchs the movie he gets mad when the movie is done. Please help me i need some advice on how i can get my son to stop watching this movie over and over again and to watch other movies that me and my husband have on dvd for both of our kids?

M.H.J.CMama0407

Asked by M.H.J.CMama0407 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is very normal for this to happen. Just like it is normal for them to want to read the same book over and over again. It helps their mind develop and grow by remembering things, and thinking ahead.

If you don't want to watch the movie, try buying some Cars cars at walmart, or a few books about the movie. Keep with the theme, but not just the movie.

Or tell him ahead of time that the movie is "getting fixed" because it was watched a lot, and you are trying a new movie....good luck.

PS...anyway to get my hubby to stop watching the same movie? LOL
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 9:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• yes, my kids do the same thing when they find something they like it sticks around for awhile.
    karglynn

Answer by karglynn at 9:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My son is 4 and loves watching the same thing over and over.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 10:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Yup very normal. Not much you can do except to try and distract him with another movie or tv show or better yet play a game or do an activity together instead. Eventually he'll get sick of it and move on to another movie or tv show he'll want to watch over and over again while you want to pull your hair out by the handful if you have to watch it 100 more times. LOL
    ithi

Answer by ithi at 10:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Yes! I am going to post a question about this one movie my daughter used to watch- be on the lookout! Thanks, for prompting a new question from me!
    Anonymous