I feel so guilty..

So I have a 7 month old and just found out I am pregnant again. My husband and I were using condoms and I was on BC. I didn't miss a single day and I was not on antibiotics so we are both rather baffled. Anyways, I feel like I am betraying my 7 month old by having another baby so soon. Anyone else feel like this when they had their second child? Hopefully, things start to feel a little more right, I am only one month.

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 10:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Congrats!!! You are blessed...don't feel guilty!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 10:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Ask the Dugger Family she pops them out like puppies... she does not seem like she feels guilty...jk

seriously no you should not feel guitly.
    Anonymous

• i dont really think you should feel guilty. i found out i was pregnant when my son was 4 months old. i had an abortion because first of all, i would never give my baby up for adoption, i would never give my sons little brother or sister away, and i just didnt have the money, time, energy, strength etc. to have to babys at the same time. it would have been impossible. i felt guilty, but things happen. and you cant go about life feeling guilty. everything happens for a reason, and you make the best decisions you can, and do the best you can, and thats all you can do. thats not a reason to feel guilty.
    Anonymous

• My oldest was 7 months old when I got pregnant with our second. I was also on BC (mini pill). I felt the same way you do.

I tried very hard to make sure my son wasn't "cheated" out of any special time with me. If I nursed the baby, I had him next to me and read him a story. I tried to never tell him I couldn't do something he wanted "because of the baby" so that he wouldn't resent her.

I don't know if it was anything I did, or just the way my son's personality is, but he adored his sister and looked after her. When he woke up from a nap he looked around the house in a panic "Where's Bailey?". If I got us ready to get out to play he would remind me "Don't forget Bailey". He played Peek A Boo with her while I changed her diaper. He would come up and tickle her ribs. He was the best big brother.

I however feel like I missed part of him being a toddler and her being a baby.
    Anonymous

• You are giving your baby a sibling which is the best gift. I loved being close in age to my sisters growing up and have wonderful memories. You're blessed!

Oh and I just have to say anon 10:10 - you didn't want to give your baby's brother or sister away but had no problem killing it? That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all day.
    Anonymous

• My boys are 13 months apart. Don't feel guilty it happens to the best of us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• dont feel like that. my 3 and 4 yr olds are less than a year apart. their birthdays are 10 days apart. they're the best of friends. your younger one will learn things alot faster than your older one and your older one will enjoy teaching his/her baby
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I know just how you feel. I am almost 23 weeks pregnant and my daughter is only 10 and a half months old. I found out I was pregnant when I was only 7 weeks so my daughter was about 7 months. I felt so guilty at first but I have to tell you it gets much easier as time passes. I still feel guilty at times though. She has no idea what a sister is, but when I ask her where her sister is she points to my belly and gives it hugs & kisses. I read somewhere that if before you let her meet the new baby, you sit in a familiar place with her and have the new baby brought into the room and handed to you both it's much better than coming home with a new baby in your arms and expecting her to adjust. This is what I am going to try. I think I will try to spend at least 15-20 minutes alone with her before the new baby is brought in since we will have been apart for so long while I am in the hospital. Hope this helps a litlle and good luck!
    miriahsmommy

Answer by miriahsmommy at 3:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2009