Am I being unfair?

My husband has a six figure salary. I have a licensed in home daycare. I make roughly 35,000 a year however I also spend a lot in food. So between the childcare and our kids I easily spend $500-600 a month in food. I also pay for our home security system($30.00) I pay for the kids lunch money which is about $120.00 a month. I pay for swimming lessons for the little one which is another $120.00 a month. I buy all their clothes and shoes. I buy all the laundry and cleaning supplies. I also purchase all personal items.

My hubby pays the house payment which is 1400.00 and cable, phone and internet=$100 and then his car payment=$250 and electric bill runs anywhere from$120 to 280 a month depending on the season. He now has to pay a bunch of money to his ex wife because he did not fulfill his obligation to her. Now he wants me to pick up more bills so he can pay her. I think that is unfair. He owes her I don't

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• You are married your money is his and his is yours. Get over it.
    Anonymous

Anonymous

• Why is everything so separate?
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 10:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Sorry but you knew it when you married him. Anon is right, since you are married his debts are your debts.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I am with anonymous. You are not room mates or just SO's. Your money is supose to be a combined thing in a marriage.

Answer by louise2 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I agree with anon.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 10:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I think this is a TROLL post. JMO
    Anonymous

• Just in case you forgot, your married. I think you are being unfair. What's his is yours and whats yours is his.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Y-E-S..... Y-O-U A-R-E M-A-R-R-I-E-D!!!
    Anonymous

• I disagree with all of you. It is NOT 1942 anymore and a lot of couples do keep their money seperate. This is what works for some families. I think if hes going to play the great divide game then she should have the right to be annoyed by it.
    Anonymous