anyone know what this could be? please keep my dadin your prayers

My mom found my dad lying on floor unconscious. She took him to ER b/c she thought he had a heart attack. The results of EKG showed it wasnt because he was opposite of what it needed to look like so theyre doing a catscan on his aorta. he is on oxygen and his heart rate, bp and oxygen levels are normal. The docs arent sure what it is, but are assuming it is with his aorta which is why they're doing a cat scan to see that. has this happened to anyone? I know it's serious because the aorta is a major part of your heart, but is it super life threatening???
A little info on him is that hes 47, 5'11, about 145 lbs, smoker (1/2 pack a day) occassional wine drinker, eats healthy for the most part.
It worries me because he does smoke a lot so i have a feeling it is with his lungs....praying its not lung cancer though....
so please keep my dad in your prayers. i am really worried about him. =(

ericalyne

Asked by ericalyne at 10:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Health

• Good luck with everything. I'm not a doctor, nor do i ever pretend to be one, but my father went through similar signs, and it turned out to be a blood clot in his lung. He was in the ICU for almost a week, in the hospital for 3 weeks. It was at the point that the Red Cross paid for my sister to fly in from Italy (she is air force stationed over there), for two weeks to help him out. They didn't think he was going to make it. Some days neither did we.

He doesn't smoke, but my SM does a lot, so he gets her second hand smoke all day. I am wishing you the best.
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 10:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I will pray for your Dad. Best wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 11:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2009