my 15 month olds fever

my son is 15 months old and ran a temp of 101.9 earlier today after he threw up a lot. has been very very sleepy... then i gave him a dose of tylonel and 3 1/2 hours later when the tylonel is worn off his fever spikes back up but even worse now on the borderline of 103. I have been giving him pedialyte and he ate some jello but wont eat much else. I gave him another dose of tylonel when it was time and i wanted to see in about an hour if his fever is better. should i take him to the ER if its back up to 103 or above? he has been very tired and that seems to be all the symptoms right now besides the fever and the one time he threw up. what should i do? should i wait it out or take him to er if it spikes again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would give him infants motrin. I find that it works better than tylenol when my daughter had a fever of the same. Also put him in a tub of cold water for 5-10mins that helps bring the fever down. U might have to do it a few times before the fever breaks but I swear it works. I went thru the exact same thing when my daughter had a stomach virus. You could take him to the hospital but 9 times out of 10 they are going to advise you to do the same thing. Hope he feels better.
    numbawunmom

Answer by numbawunmom at 10:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I was going to suggest a cool bath too. It does work. I think motrin works better as well. I hope the little guy feels better soon.
    Anonymous