What would you do if your SO said you were acting like a cunt?

I am studying to be a nurse and am working and because of this Sundays are my only days to sleep in. Upon waking, my fiance starts with our "to do" list for the day before I am even out of bed. This upsets me because I don't want to have to rush out the door the minute I open my eyes. So I leave the bedroom and cook breakfast and then sit down to have my morning smoke. He then comes out of the bedroom and starts with his "to do" list. I asked him if he could just let me relax for 30 minutes before starting the days chores and I got kinda nasty with him about it. We raised our voices and I told him he was being a dick, he then told me I was being a cunt. I yelled FUCK YOU and went into the garage to finish my smoke. I am livid and hurt!! He says that me calling him a dick and him calling me a cunt is the same thing. NOOO! A bitch and a dick is the same thing..not a cunt!! He has apologized but it still hurts.

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Did I deserve it since I said he was being a dick? What do you ladies think?
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I don't think you should get married. This sounds like the beginning of my first (horrible cops involved) marriage.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I agree with ecodani, also dick and cunt are the same caliber of word.
    Anonymous

• If you were acting like one..... Then yes
    Anonymous

• Anon 10:42, I was upset yes. I bust my ass trying to study to a nurse and I am an STNA. He says that cleaning the house should be my job since I am not working 40hrs a week even though I am going to school full time! On Sundays I want to be able to relax before starting my day and I do not think that is unreasonable. There is a difference between a "cunt" and someone who is upset about being rushed out the door the first thing they wake up.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Thats your job to clean.. HE works 40+ hrs a week. Do you expect HIM to clean after putting bread on the table? Get off your lazy @$$ and clean.
    Anonymous

• Calling names is not acceptable and should not be done between a loving, committed couple. Disagreeing is fine, but past complaints should not be brought up, and name-calling should never be done. You have an exhausting schedule and are entitled to some rest. Your SO may be worried about getting things done. Perhaps the night before or earlier in the week you can make a schedule for Sunday that includes your late start plus all of the errands that need to be run, even if it involves his getting up early to run errands so that you can relax for a while, then after lunch you both go out or run more errands. But mistreating each other by offensive name calling is not good for a relationship.

Answer by Bmat at 10:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Its not my job to clean!! I work 30hrs a week and go to school full time...i put bread on the table also but I am not going to clean the house all by myself. You obviously didn't read that i work to anon 10:49!! Just because I have a fking vagina doesn't mean it is my job! Its just as much his as mine.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I would be crushed. My Hubby said he would never call a woman that unless she was a true "cunt".. So I took that to mean it was a very bad thing to call a woman. I've never been called that but just reading your post made me hurt for you. Talk to him, and if he did say sorry, make an agreement to not blow up and that he should ask you the night before what you want to do the next day... Oh and you might want to say sorry to him for calling him a dick...
    Anonymous

• OP...ignore anon:49...someone crapped in her casserole at dinner.

What you are describing is the beginning of an abusive relationship. He is demanding you do all the housework because you work less...even though you are going to school too. He sounds like a controlling ass hat. I would consider kicking his ass to the curb...not for the word he called you, but because he is controlling and doesn't want a partner, but a slave.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2009