Question for anyone who knows...

What/Who are Seventh Day Adventists?? I've heard the term, but have no clue what it means!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There was another question about this today... I wonder where this subject came up lol.

Seventh Day Adventists are a fundamentalist Christain sect. They follow the bible to the letter. They worship on Saturdays, because that is actually the seventh day (where they get their name) and they believe that worshipping on Sundays is part of the mark of the beast. Many eat vegan diets because they believe man's original diet contained no animal products, including milk and eggs and such. They also believe that you lie dormant in your grave until you are ressurected by Christ after the Rapture, so they don't believe in cremation.

They're pretty exclusive and don't associate much with people who are not at least Christian, preferably SDA. I don't have much experience with them, even though my paternal relatives are all SDA because my father left the church when he was 19 and his family disowned him.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• They're christians. They consider Saturday to be the sabbath rather than Sunday, they baptize, they believe in a healthy diet and studies suggest that they live longer because of it. Some of their beliefs differ from main stream christian beliefs e.g. they believe that people remain in the ground until the second coming when they will be resurrected.
    Anonymous

• They don't believe you are conscience after you die. That doesn't sound like much of a life in Christ, now does it?
    Anonymous

• Anon :07 - they believe that you remain in the ground until you are resurrected. They still believe in an eternal life in christ.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for the answers!!!

Anonymous