How Much Does The "Tooth Fairy" Pay For Teeth These Days?

My son is 5 yrs old and just lost his first tooth today. I am very excited to play Tooth Fairy, but I have no idea what or how much to give him. Should I make it "more special" because it's the first tooth? Please let me know what you Moms do for your little ones and/or how much the Tooth Fairy gives in your house.

neonds13

Asked by neonds13 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Our son is on tooth # 2, he gets a dollar per tooth. I think he's working on # 3 now, he keeps wiggling his other front tooth,lol.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• we give $1 for each tooth.

we have them write a note to the tooth fairy - here's my tooth please take care of it.

and leave the tooth in a small glass of water. the tooth fairy then takes the tooth and changes the colour of the water.

we once left a little bit of glitter on the pillow (a fairy kiss) but that freaked my oldest out. lol

and if we forget......(its happened) we call Gramma - because once you're a gramma you get all the phone numbers for the tooth fairy, easter bunny, santa...and Gramma calls to remind the tooth fairy to come visit. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• That's what I was thinking.... 5 dollars for the first one and then a dollar or 2 after that. However, I love the idea of the tooth in a glass of water and changing the color. That's awesome!!! Thanks Moms!!!!
    neonds13

Answer by neonds13 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• my 5 yr old just lost his first a couple of months ago and since it was his first we gave him 5 bucks and will probably give him a dollarfor every other tooth
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• you're welcome. its fun making new things up. my girls are pretty imaginative.

for our $1 though we're in canada ours is a coin so that sits in the glass with the water
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• if i have to pull the tooth i give a dollar, but if my kids pull it themselves i give them two dollars. if they loost it while eating its also a dollar lol
    shanna1509

Answer by shanna1509 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• We give $5 for the first and $1 for each additional.

One time I forgot. Because it was Saturday, I told my son that the tooth fairy didn't work on weekends. LOL. I felt so guilty.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• A one dollar coin. The coin makes it special.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My son got $25 for the first and $5 for each after that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:23 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• JEAmom3

That happened to me a couple of weeks ago! My youngest son was really sick and I was up with him all night. He was throwing up and crying and wouldn't take his medicine. When my older son got up, he said that we must have been making too much noise and scared the tooth fairy away. I felt like such a jerk, but he was cool about it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:26 AM on Nov. 11, 2009