Am I wrong?

I am engaged! My fiance and I have a almost 2 year old son. He also has a 9 year old daughter from a previous marriage. I just recently lost my mother, best friend on october 20th. He ( fiance) doesnt seem to understand. He hasnt been understanding at all. He has to work alot so all he can relate to is work and his coworkers, is it wrong of me to feel like he should be there for me? Does anyone know of a network support group in the spring or woodlands area? I need friends for my son.

nat1981

Asked by nat1981 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• yes, absolutely get into a good social support network. Here you are able to come back and review with other bloggers, but in real life sure. I am not on that predicament myself, but if it were me , sad as it can be, you will have your sad days and to pull you through, ( or anyone in that position ), we all need people and no matter what people think, or what your husband does, dulling your problem or your situation won't make it lighter. So good of you to want this. It is showing how much you deeply care. Caring itself is what gets the wheel moving forward. You are so loving. You can tell . The Lord must have ways of communication in this internet , well with all of us in so many hard times.
    I hope that you are able to move outside your husbands cocooon of his job and co-workers. Worrying about it I mean.
    Good wishes in all of your decisionsPr
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I am sorry about your loss. Hugs and prayers for you. It is sad that your fiance is not giving you the support that you need. You may want to give somber thought to spending the rest of your life with him if he isn't there for you emotionally. Life has downs as well as ups, and part of being married is promising to be there for the other person in bad times as well as good times. Meanwhile, you could use someone to confide in and to talk about your feelings with. A professional counselor, perhaps. Or join a social or service group so that you are around people and maybe can make some friends. Religious institutions are good places to meet nice people. With the children, you may be able to make some contacts in play groups, on the playground, or in classes for the children. Don't rush into making friends, be sure you click before you confide.

Answer by Bmat at 11:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2009