Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting School Grants

I am trying to go back to school, but I am a SAHM who doesn't have any extra money. What are the government websites that you can apply for the grants for free? i would really appreciate all the help

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in

Answers (3)
  • All schools require you to apply for the FAFSA which is a government grants and loan program.

    Speak with your school financial aide office. The people there are specially trained at helping you find money that is specific to your school and your field. Pell grants are great. You may be eligible for those. Most of my students get them and they aren't even US citizens.

    Answer by ecodani at 11:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • This is the site that is an APPLICATION for financial aid, it is NOT a source of grants, scholarships, etc. It will tell you what you are responsible for and what you MAY be eligible for. Talk to the financial aid office at the college you want to attend and they can lead you in the right direction for other sources.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • You can look for scholarships here:


    Answer by rkoloms at 9:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in
medical biling ND coding

Next question overall (Relationships)
Am I wrong?