do you know of anyone doing things for christmas like getting gifts for kids

i am in need of getting help with gifts for my kids for christmas this year. PLEASE if you know of anyone or anything that can help me please let me know. this is the first year that i ever asked for help an i do not now where to start . If i don't get help my babies will not be able to get anything for christmas thank you for your time.
Kim

luvmybabies411

Asked by luvmybabies411 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Holidays

• Try Salvation Army.
    Anonymous

• I wish I could help but honestly I'm probably worse off than most people. The thing is that you might not be able to get on a list. They are overfilled with people needing help. Do what I did and plan ahead. Buy a few things at the Dollar Tree or whatever so at least they'll have something to open if nothing else comes through. I'm sorry.
    Anonymous

• Contact your local police department. Most have a program called SHOP WITH A COP. They will give you money to buy gifts with and while you are shopping, a cop will shop with the kids. They will pick out gifts for family. It is a lot of fun. Also, even if your area does not do that, they will have names and contact info for other programs in your area.
    Anonymous

• Call your local crisis center. They usually have a list of places ot contact that can help out. Also talk to your kids about doing a homemade xmas. I talked to my boys about it a few weeks ago and they are SOOO excited about making things. They have been doing a lot of painting on paper bags and cutting them out to put them in new frames.

We have also been making a lot of "coupon" books for their brothers that help them out...lol....pretty creative and the hurry up to finish their homework, then hide out to create something new. Good luck!
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 11:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• If you belong to a church ask your pastor or whoever to generate a toy donation for your children!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Try wishuponahero.com
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• You got plenty of time.

One Month To Go!
    42 Days**
    1030 Hours**

Have a garage sales or do pawn shop thing.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• The Salvation Army. They do an "Angel Tree" every year to help out families in need with their Christmas.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2009