guys and prenatal vitamins

someone told me that it is good for the guy to take the prenatal vitamins also because of all the extra vitamins in it any thoughts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• sure! they are good for anyone to take at any time, they certainly will not hurt. But they are designed for pregnant women because they contain an extra high dose of certain vitamins and minerals that promote fetal health. But no they wont hurt! I know women who take take them everyday, who have never been prego.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Prenatal Vitamans are mainly Folic Acid. It boosts immunity. It is good for anyone. Like the PP stated. I know women who take them everyday and have never been pregnant. Because FA helps clear the skin and makes hair and nails healthier.
    Anonymous

• I was told by my doctor that if someone takes prenatals who isn't pregnant that their body won't process all the vitamins anyway. It won't hurt, though.
    Cafe MicheleZ

Answer by Cafe MicheleZ at 11:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My RE told my husband to take a good multi-vitamin made for men.
    Anonymous

• There is too much Iron and folic acid in prenatal for a man too take. He can take a regular multi vitamin, but he should not take a prenatal. Iron over dose can be fatal and there have been links to cancer in men over using folic acid.
    Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2009