professional piercers...

i recently got my cartalidge re-pierced but for the first time i got it done at a tattoo shop so it was pierced w/ a needle instead of the gun. with the gun it always burned a little after the initial pierceing then it somewhat throbbed for a few days. this time with the needle it still burned right after but after that i havnt even been aware that it was there except while i was cleaning it. its been a few days and now and its not throbbing but its like a constant pain in my ear. just wondering if its normal for it to do that lol

shanna1509

Asked by shanna1509 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Any piercing is a wound. It is going to hurt. The throbbing is usually a sign of infection being fought. Dull pain is just because you have put a hole in yourself.

Needles are way cleaner. They heal way faster.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• you mean your ear cart.? does not matter with the ear, or so I have heard. I never did that one but most of the others I have had at some point, except tongue.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• yeah my ear cart. i had it done before its just acting diff. this time i was all about the needle until today lol
    shanna1509

Answer by shanna1509 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I would call the tatoo place and ask them if it is normal and if you are still concerned you can see your doctor who might prescribe a week's worth of antibiotics to beat any infection that maybe attempting to set in.
    In the meantime, keep the area clean with rubbing alcohol 2-3 times a day and rotate the peircing.
    Best wishes to you.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2009