Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you go about this?

My husband emotionally abuses me and I'm tired of it! I am seriously considering a divorce,but I'm really scared about how I'm going to support my two kids. I am only making eleven dollars an hour as a CNA. I need to get another car because mine is breaking down everyother week and it has almost 200,000 miles on it. I don't have any savings or anything. I'm really scared. My family can't take me in (long story) Please help! Thanks.

Answer Question

Asked by flywifey86 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I'd probably consult a lawyer about rights and procedures.

    Answer by Bmat at 11:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • First confront him and have a heart to heart, see if counseling is an option for you. Then go from there.

    Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • You should not need anyone to take you in. Make him leave. You should stay in the home with the children. First I would contact an attorney. Some will give you a free consoltation.(sp?)
    Start saving every extra you can, in a safe place. If you are going to be on your own with children, you will need a dependable car. A judge will make sure that he pays you support. Good luck.

    Answer by JEAmom3 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • mine does too, but not to the point where i dont think counseling is an option. i am hoping he agrees to it because ive set a time limit... i still have to tell him, but i want to do it with a counselor there or it will get us nowhere. it is hard b/c our son is 1 and loves daddy to death... husbands family is out of state and i won't want anything to do with them (i just really dislike my in laws....)
    i am just hoping that hubby will allow counseling. without it, i will have to leave b/c i cant do 50 years of this! and i dont want our son thinking he can treat women this way.
    if you can, find counseling. if you feel like YOU have to leave for some reason, there should be a safe house in your area. otherwise change the locks on the house while he is gone and be sure to contact an advocacy center. they can help with legal issues and everything. i know the whole procedure (my mom is a counselor). PM me if ya want.

    Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.