ever feel like a bad mom?

I know all mom's have their doubt about wheather or not we are good parents, but I rarely lose my temper with my son and when I do, I always feel like I'm the worst mom in the world. I have never beat him or thrown him or anything awful like that, its just how angry I get about things. Hes 2 and i know its a hard time, but I can never get past that awful feeling...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Usually, I'm the one who loses it with DS and DH is the one with the patience of Job. I guess when you're with him 24/7, you tend to have more of the burden of disciplining. I'm a yeller , but I refuse to beat him as my Mom did us, even when sometimes I want to. She had that spare-the-rod mentality, which I outright refuse to have. Last night my DH lost it and yelled. I saw how ugly and frightening it must be for my son to see me like that. He started crying and I wanted to. I made a decision right then and there to change.
    You're not a bad Mom for having those feelings, you would be a bad Mom if you acted on them and beat him or something. The fact that you feel guilty afterwards means that you're a great Mom who has the desire to do better! The more you exercise your patience, the bigger, better, and more stamina it has, like any muscle on your body. Want a work out partner? I'm out of shape! Good luck!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Sure have! You are not alone! My son is 15 months and I have OCD so I need things to be a certain way and in a certain place or I flip out. I understand and want you to know, you are not alone and not a bad momma!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I think we all have those days...We mothers are our biggest critic!
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• The guilt never gets better but we get more patient over time. We've all been there and this won't be the last time. With each episode, count to ten, do better next time.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I know how you feel sometimes you just want afew moments to yourself with out any interuption.
    I guess that is just part of being a mommy. Someitmes I just want to scream I just ask God for strength and patience take a deep breathe and move on.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• We all feel like bad moms sometimes. The fact you feel like that proves you aren't a bad mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• PS I've also wondered how some Mom's manage NOT to yell. That Duggar woman doesn't yell and she has like 200 kids now. How does she do it?
    Anybody have any tips?
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• At least monthly.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 8:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• only here on cafemom
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 8:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• always
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 9:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2009